Saturday, June 12, 2010

Books, Books, Books!

I count down the days until summer every year so I can finally do what I love most which is reading. The time has come and I am definitely absorbed in my books. I love good summer reads. I am surrounded by family and friends who love to read which makes it that much more fun to read and talk about the books. I am always getting good book recommendations so I thought it was my turn to give some. I just finished reading this one:

This book captured me from the first page. You will not be able to put this book down. It's about a connection a French girl in a concentration camp in 1942 has with a woman living in France in the present day.

I am in the middle of reading this one:

It is a lighter read than the first and not nearly as captivating, but still really good. The author does a great job of character development and setting up relationships between family members. There is a family tragedy, which I haven't learned about yet.
I have this book on my nightstand ready to read next:

I read a great review about it and the summary on the back has already captured my attention. I'll let you know how it is.


1 comment:

  1. I'm reading that last one! Woo.

    Cute posts....I guess I just didn't get enough of you two this summer. (Imagine me yelling to everyone on the boat "everybody THOSE are my friends!" K-style. Classic)

    P.S. Who was your wedding photographer? Such chic pictures.

    ReplyDelete