Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas Day 2010

Christmas Eve we spent all night at the Arenas' house doing Cherokee til 11:30 at night. All of our voices were gone by the end of the night, but it was a fun way to spend the evening. Christmas day we woke up at my house and opened gifts. My favorite gift was the beautiful wedding scrapbook my mom made for us. We had eggs benedict for breakfast which Jesse had never had before. Later that day we went to the Finlayson's house for our Conley family Christmas party. We ate great food and played games. It was more low key this year, but that's just how I like it.







The boys in their new flannels



I've been thinking a lot about Christmas traditions and which ones I want to incorporate into our home with our future kids. There are so many cute ones but here are some I want to remember and maybe even use:
-make hot chocolate and apple cider
-have ginger bread house contests
-read a Christmas book every night for the 12 nights leading up to Christmas
- have Chinese food on Christmas eve
-gifts of pajamas on Christmas eve
-give each child an ornament of their own each Christmas eve
- each child gets 5 gifts: one from Santa
one want
one need
one to wear
one to read

No comments:

Post a Comment