Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Kanab Family Reunion 2010

This weekend we headed to Kanab for the Johnson family reunion. I swear the town of Kanab is so small you could hold your breath and run through it, but we love it just the same for it's interesting people and beautiful red rock mountains. It was so fun getting to see my family, immediate and extended. My parents rented the mac-daddy of all RVs which held ten of us in it complete with 5 flat screen TVs. Now that's camping in style! We spent the weekend searching for souvenirs in the local wigwam store, traveling to Lees Ferry where we learned about our family history, spending time with family members I didn't even know I had, exploring in the colorful sand caves, watching movies, playing balderdash, and enjoying each others' company in the blistering heat. I took too many pictures to count, but these are just a few that will sum up the trip.
The boys waiting to hike to Lees Ferry
My mom and her siblings
The cousins
Like father like daughters
on the bridge over part of the Grand Canyon
Grandma and her girls
Sand Caves

No comments:

Post a Comment