Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween

Our first Halloween as a married couple turned out to be perfect! Jesse had a rugby game in the morning against Weber State. It was such a great game and Jesse had some awesome tackles and runs. This game is unreal and a total free-for-all. I had my new candle warmer on while we were gone so when we got home our apartment smelt like vanilla. I made us hot soup for lunch while Jesse got ready for the day. We then went to the store to get things to make this amazing caramel corn that my friends made for me once. While we were out and about we picked out a pumpkin. It weighed in at 25 lbs. It started raining when we were out which made the night in our apartment even more cozy. I love when it rains and I can get in my sweats and lounge. Being out in the rain is another story. For dinner we made margarita pizza. Jesse carved the pumpkin and I watched because, to be honest, I hate getting the pumpkin goop on my hands. The pumpkin turned out awesome. I baked the pumpkin seeds with cinnamon and sugar and then made the caramel popcorn just in time to eat them while watching Hocus Pocus (my favorite Halloween movie). We even had some trick-or-treaters at our apartment and their costumes were so cute. We enjoyed passing out candy. I would say it was s successful Halloween.

Jesse battered and bruised from his game
Our pumpkin before:
Jesse took the carving very seriously
Exhibit A of why I didn't help carve:
So proud of the Nightmare Before Christmas pumpkin face
I took some credit
Yummy pumpkin seeds

1 comment:

  1. pumpkin seeds are the BEST. love the pics!! looks like so so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete