Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Christmas break was far too short and this week coming back and teaching is a struggle. I miss sleep and free time and Christmas break got me a little too anxious for summer. I have missed my kids though and I know when summer does come I'll be excited for the next school year to start because my classroom filled with students makes me feel at home. The break was filled with family time and rest , especially because the hubs had the flu for five days over the break. We enjoyed a Mexican feast for Christmas Eve complete with The Night Before Christmas Cajun style book reading from Dad and two huge dinners from both our families on Christmas day. Aunt Nancy planned a Minute-To-Win-It night that was a hit and had us all laughing. We played tons of games, watched movies, went to a weeks worth of PJ's basketball games, had spa sessions, and shopped. New Years Eve we spent with family and friends at Baja Cactus and ended the night with games and a midnight toast. We really are so blessed to have such amazing families that spoil us when we are home. With our car crammed to the brim, me, Jess, Paige, and Trav headed back to Utah. We made out like bandits this Christmas and got more than we needed and are still trying to recover from all the festivities.

No comments:

Post a Comment