Saturday, March 31, 2012

My students constantly keep me laughing with their funny comments and I've been trying to make sure I write them down so I remember and can even look back and read about them as a pick-me-up. I have a little boy in my first grade math class who struggles with a learning disability and because of that he usually doesn't get many problems right on the homework or tests, but lately he has been improving so much. Friday in class he brings his assignment up to me to check and the conversation goes as follows:

Student: "Teacher, how many did I get wrong?"
Me: "Two"
Student: "Two? Only Two?"
Me: "Yes"
Student: he turns around and says to himself "Wow, I'm living the dream!"
Another student: "That's my boy! You're just living the dream."

I love that this 6 year old student feels he has lived his dream and made it in life when he only gets two wrong on the assignment. I love the innocence of my first graders. Life was so much more simple when I was that age. How I miss it, especially when I'm around those kids.

In my second grade class I have an autistic boy who gets really frustrated that he can't read the passages quickly enough to pass them off when I time the class. On Friday I brought him back to a quiet place in the class away from everyone to try and pass off reading the passage and he did it! Finally! Another one of my students ran up to this boy and embraced him in a hug and said, "You're amazing! I knew you could do it! You're awesome!" I learn a lot everyday from these students about loving one another and how wonderful it was to be little and not realize the differences between people. That is the pure love of Christ. The rest of the day that sweet boy would continue to turn around and give the boy with autism a thumbs up and whisper "You're amazing!"

I LOVE MY KIDS!

1 comment:

  1. Aww that is so sweet! Little kids are so innocent and cute!

    ReplyDelete