Friday, August 19, 2011

Talk about a complete whirlwind lately! My life is insane. I've been at teacher training all week and feel like I've barely had time at home with my family. I'm trying to take it one day at a time, but having no prep time is so overwhelming. I have been through a roller-coaster of emotions and am finally getting it together just in time to start my classes Monday. My co-workers have been so understanding and helpful and that has made me feel more at ease. Slowly I'm hoping I'll get the hang of being able to cook and clean and teach because right now I'm slacking in that area since the majority of my days and evenings are spent at the school. On a lighter note my mom and sister have been in town, which has helped to keep me sane. My simple pleasures from last week were seeing The Help, continuing to read The Power of One, my mint green Essie nail polish, and soaking up my last few days of free time before my career started. I know I'll be treasuring those little things with minimal time to myself in the future. Tonight I'm taking the whole night off to relax and sleep in and then tomorrow marks a full day of shopping for supplies and lesson planning.

At Bridal Veil Falls with my mom and sister

1 comment:

  1. You are the most detail oriented and thorough person I know, you are going to rock at this job! Good luck on your first day today, you're going to do great!

    ReplyDelete