Friday, February 10, 2012

This post is a tribute to my wonderful husband. We all know I married well and I swear he's a saint to put up with me everyday. So the last month has been discouraging and rough in all aspects in my life including teaching. I am exhausted and can't seem to catch up on sleep enough to feel rejuvenated for the next week of teaching. I've been trying to avoid having a mental break-down because all I have to do is get through another week and then I have two days off of school which gives me a four day weekend, which is exactly what i need in my life right now. I really thought I'd make it til then, but I feel like every day has been a "bad day" lately and I can't seem to get out of this funk. Yesterday was my breaking point. My phone broke and I went to best buy to get a new one. I waited in line for a full hour before being helped. I finally got a phone and the guy was getting it all ready and ringing me up when he asked for my ID and I suddenly realized I didn't have it with me! Just my luck! So after waiting all that time I left and started crying in the car because I felt like life couldn't get any worse at that point. My husband sat watching me cry and I saw him trying desperately not to laugh at how ridiculous I sounded, but he listened to my ranting and raving and kept his composure. Then today as I was teaching, the front office informed me that my husband was at the front office to see me. My heart stopped because my husband doesn't come to work with me and it was really unusual for him to be there and I thought something bad must have happened for him to make a trip to the school unannounced. I was wrong. He was surprising me with lunch. I never get surprised, but I must say he's been doing a great job of this lately! He told me he knew what a hard time I had been having and just wanted to come bring me lunch. I got to sit and spend my lunch break with him in my classroom and it was such a sweet moment with my hubby. I really am so blessed and every day that I think he can't get any kinder he ups his game and proves me wrong. He really has never said an unkind word to me or treated me poorly and I after 6 years of being together I know he doesn't have a mean bone in his body. Hallelujah for being married to someone who is purely good. I really don't like getting mushy about my relationship with Jesse, but days like these I like to document so the posterity knows he's the better of the two of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment